- This event has passed.
Carlsen Center Workshop – Connect Better: Curiosity Builds Great Teams & Fuels Tough Conversations
March 3 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Event Type: Presentation,Professional Development,Student Activity,Workshop
Join us for this workshop and talk to explore how you can build great teams and fuel impactful tough conversations through curiosity!
The Carlsen Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship is excited to bring to you this workshop and talk Connect Better: Curiosity Builds Great Teams & Fuels Tough Conversations. This workshop will be led by Jennifer Edwards and Katie McCleary, Co-Founders and Authors of Bridge the Gap .
In this workshop and talk, they will explore how in times of stress, uncertainty, anger, and doubt, how you communicate matters. Curiosity is the single most powerful tool anyone can employ when in a tough conversation. Showing up curious is a way to suspend yourself, emotions, assumptions, beliefs, opinions, and identity labels. Showing up curious allows for people to communicate and collaborate better by defusing frustration, confusion, or anger. It’s a tall order and takes courage, especially when you perceive the conversation to be tough. In this session, you will learn:
- To listen to your listening and understand how the brain processes information
- How we can bring wonder to a situation where we typically lead with judgment
- Use curiosity as a tool to create breakthroughs and new pathways
- Understand a simple framework that allows the brain to feel less anxiety, and more open to the perspectives, lived experiences, and values of others
- Actionable, tangible tools to implement immediately