- This event has passed.
Global Entrepreneurship Week – Circular Economy – Designing with the End in Mind
November 10, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Event Type: Presentation,Professional Development,Student Activity
Join us for this discussion to look at the circular economy and how you can design your products with the end in mind!
We are excited to bring to you during Global Entrepreneurship Week Sacramento 2021, powered by Western Health Advantage, a panel discussion looking at innovation and new product creation through the lens of the circular economy and designing with the end in mind. This event is brought to you in partnership with the Carlsen Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Western Placer Waste Management Authority (WPWMA), Sustainability Center, and the College of Social Science and Interdisciplinary Studies at Sac State.
In this session, our panel will discuss the circular economy and how as innovators and entrepreneurs we can make a positive impact on our environment by designing with the end in mind. The panel will encompass a variety of perspectives from those that handle products at their end of life to those that are designing and building for the future.
We hope that you will walk away with an understanding of the market forces driving the circular economy forward and how a product can be designed to better our world at every stage of its life.
- Sarah Vaira, MPPA Student at Sacramento State and Fellow at WPWMA – Moderator
- Ryan Smith, Founder & CEO of Recyclops
- Tom Kandris, Co-Founder and CEO of American River PackageOne
- Jay Potter, Co-Founder and CEO of ECOR Global and CEO of GreenCore Capital
- Nate Pelczar, Senior Projects Manager at the California Product Stewardship Council
- Stephanie Ulmer, Environmental Resources Specialist at WPWMA