- This event has passed.
Startup Board Development Series
October 20, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Event Type: Presentation,Professional Development,Training,Workshop
The Carlsen Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship is excited to bring to you the Startup Board Development Series which will enable you as a founder to unlock the hidden power of startup and advisory boards. This two-part series will be led by Kim Box, Independent Board Director and Advisor as well as Carlsen Center Advisory Board Member.
In this workshop series, we will cover two core components of boards at various startup stages and board mechanics. The aim is for you to walk away with a greater understanding of how to build, work with, and leverage a board at all stages of your entrepreneurial journey.
Workshop 1 – Board Overview (October 13th)
- Explore the role of a board or advisory board
- Support in identifying who should be on your board
- The blocking and tackling of setting up a board
Workshop 2 – Board Mechanics (October 20th)
- How to effectively communicate and engage a board
- An effective strategy for structuring your board or advisory board
If any special accommodations are needed please let us know at least two weeks in advance to secure the needed accommodations.