On February 28 CalSEED is opening the window for accepting 2020 applications for their $150,000 Phase I grants for proof of concept from early-stage startups. This is a golden opportunity to get funding. It is not a loan and not a sale of shares. It’s a grant, and no matching funds are required. Interested? Check out CalSEED or Contact CleanStart.
CleanStart Supporters talk about why they love our Cleantech Meetups. Don't miss out on the monthly gathering showcasing the near future of Cleantech in the region with presentations about products and technologies from companies and stakeholders.
Each month CleanStart releases new information on clean tech companies, entrepreneur activities, and happenings in sustainability tech advancement. Make sure you don't miss out!
Empowering entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections critical to creating successful new clean tech companies.
Latest News & Blogs
On February 28 CalSEED is opening the window for accepting 2020 applications for their $150,000 Phase I grants for proof of concept from early stage startups. This is a golden opportunity to get funding. It is not a loan and not a sale of shares. It’s a grant, and...
Our January 30th MeetUp explored all the innovations being tried in the region to improve our mobility options. We where hosted by Frontier Energy at the California Fuel Cell Partnership. Every one of the 67 chairs was full and a standing crowd spilled out into the...
“Investment in renewable energy capacity worldwide was $282.2 billion last year, up 1% from 2018’s $280.2 billion, with the world’s biggest market (China) slipping back, but its second-largest (the U.S.) hitting a new record,” according to a new report from Bloomberg...
CleanStart was founded in 2005 as a nonprofit organization designed to accelerate the development of clean technology ventures within the Northern California region. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections that are critical to creating a successful new business. We do this by:
CONNECTING the Northern California region’s clean tech community through CleanTech Meetups.
PROMOTING the region’s clean tech economy in the annual CleanStart Progress Report, on social media & news outlets and at statewide and national events.
EDUCATING Clean Tech business leaders through classes, professional rescources, expert pannels and the CEO Crash Course.
CleanStart Accomplishments & Updates
CleanStart has been busy working to build the clean tech hub in the Sacramento region. We have been supporting local growth through education, networking, and promotion. Some of our recent successes include:
- CleanStart has continued to grow since restarting in 2016. From holding seven educational and networking events in 2017 , fifteen in 2018, to over twenty in 2019. Connecting with over 1000 stakeholders face to face.
- Monthly Cleantech Meetups with an average of 50 attendees
- Businesses Skills roundtables and Expert Panels, where startups get one on one time with business professionals and clean tech consultants, like the Future of the Utility
- The 2019 Progress Report was completed, showing 85 companies in the core clean tech sector is generating $3.1 billion in revenue and 5,065 jobs
- Regional Accelerator the CEO Crash Course, returning summer of 2020
- Central Valley Clean Tech Showcase 2019
- Sponsoring Prizes in Regional Events such as the Big Bang at UC Davis
Please fill out the form and one of our team members will get back to you.
Sacramento, CA 95814