Renewables are intermittent and electrification is changing ratepayer energy demand. At this month's meetup, we will explore Grid Tech and how is it helping us move to Carbon Neutrality. Come learn more about the future of the Grid.
- James Frasher, Sr. Strategic Business Planner, Energy Storage and DER Operation at SMUD
- Timothy Barat , Co-Founder & CEO at Gridware
- Peter Kelly-Dwtwiler, Co-Founder of NorthBridge Energy Partners LLC
At our recent perspectives, we talked with Daniel Mazzone, an energy and environmental economist and UC Davis PhD candidate. Check out this discussion about the low carbon fuel standard and his work on the three standing policies in California, Oregon, and British Columbia.
Empowering entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections critical to creating successful new clean tech companies.
Each month CleanStart releases new information on clean tech companies, entrepreneur activities, and happenings in sustainability tech advancement. Make sure you don't miss out!
Latest News & Blogs
SMUD voted to approve their 2030 plan. Make sure you read the Full Plan and Connect with SMUD. Here is the full board meeting Presentation ABOUT THE AUTHOR Thomas is the Executive Director of CleanStart. Thomas has a strong background in supporting small businesses,...
What is one of the leading threats to the spread of solar PV installations in the US? The lack of a good way to deal with old or broken panels from existing installations. Fifty thousand tons of these are piling up in warehouses in the absence of a better solution. ...
On Friday, January 15 at our Perspectives discussion, the crowd heard from Enact Systems CEO Deep Chakraborty (https://enact-systems.com/) about its software platform to expand sales, design well-performing systems, and manage the installations. Enact is technology-...
CleanStart was founded in 2005 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization designed to accelerate the development of clean technology ventures within the Northern California region. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections that are critical to creating a successful new business. We do this by:
CONNECTING the Northern California region’s clean tech community through CleanTech Meetups.
PROMOTING the region’s clean tech economy in the annual CleanStart Progress Report, on social media & news outlets and at statewide and national events.
EDUCATING Clean tech business leaders through classes, professional resources, expert panels and the CEO Crash Course.
CleanStart Accomplishments & Updates
CleanStart has been busy working to build the clean tech hub in the Sacramento region. We have been supporting local growth through education, networking, and promotion. Some of our recent successes include:
- CleanStart has continued to grow since restarting in 2016. From holding seven educational and networking events in 2017 , fifteen in 2018, to over twenty in 2019. Connecting with over 1000 stakeholders face to face.
- Monthly Cleantech Meetups with an average of 60 attendees
- Regular Virtual Web Meetings attracting 30 or more attendees to discuss the advancement of clean tech and opportunities in the region.
- Businesses Skills roundtables and Expert Panels, where startups get one on one time with business professionals and clean tech consultants, like the Future of the Utility
- The 2019 Progress Report was completed, showing 85 companies in the core clean tech sector is generating $3.1 billion in revenue and 5,065 jobs
- Regular Investor Spotlight events where investors attend companies’ pitches
- Regional Accelerator the CEO Crash Course with 5 Alumni who have reviewed funding
- Central Valley Clean Tech Showcase 2019
- Sponsoring Prizes in Regional Events such as the Big Bang at UC Davis and the College of Engineering and Computer Sciences Pitch Event
Please fill out the form and one of our team members will get back to you.
Sacramento, CA 95814