At this meetup Gary Simon, CleanStart Founder and Energy Executive, leads a discussion around how our region can collaborate and take advantage of a wave of investment from the Federal and State Government. We'll get into how they decide which companies to invest in and we'll discuss their investment philosophy.
Our guest, Brita Osmundsvaag Formato, is the Chief Executive Officer for T-Omega Wind and a seasoned energy executive from Norway accelerating the energy transition. She will discuss how the search for more inexpensive and dependable green energy sources has increased over the years and T-Omega’s unique solution will play a role.
Thank you so very much for your support and contributions to our organization. We are so fortunate to have such generous donors and we can never thank you enough for all the support you've shown us. This contribution will be used towards resourceful opportunities for entrepreneurs and your support means the world to us!
Sign up today and stay up-to-date!
Every month CleanStart releases new innovative information on clean tech companies, entrepreneur activities, and updates on sustainability tech advancement.
You don't want to miss out!
Latest News & Blogs
Based on the idea that the Sacramento region is “primed for success” in launching new businesses, but that entrepreneurs needed help in getting started, Mark Haney and Monique Brown founded a new business accelerator based in Rocklin—the Growth Factory. On March 10,...
Janine Elliott was our guest on October 12 for a Perspectives podcast, explaining her new role. She comes to us from 6 years at VentureWell in Amherst, MA, one of the best- funded and most complete tech incubators, and from the Los Angeles CleanTech Incubator, which...
Both California and New York have declared they want people to buy only EVs starting in 2035 and more states are considering joining the push. But that leaves the existing 276 million gasoline and diesel vehicles still on the road in the US (31 million in California)...
Support Clean Tech
We know you are a clean tech supporter. You might be a regular participant in CleanStart’s programs. You might have supported us in the past. You might be someone we know who shares our vision. With your help, we have achieved a lot. We want to do even more. Help us by contributing to our fundraiser. Donations of $500 will get added to our wall.
CleanStart was founded in 2005 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization designed to accelerate the development of clean technology ventures within the Northern California region. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections that are critical to creating a successful new business. We do this by:
CONNECTING the Northern California region’s clean tech community through CleanTech Meetups.
PROMOTING the region’s clean tech economy in the annual CleanStart Progress Report, on social media & news outlets and at statewide and national events.
EDUCATING Clean tech business leaders through classes, professional resources, expert panels and the CEO Crash Course.
There is always a lot going on. If you want to connect with CleanStart, join us at these events!
CleanStart Regional Companies
CleanStart Accomplishments & Updates
CleanStart has been busy working to build the clean tech hub in the Sacramento region. We have been supporting local growth through education, networking, and promotion. Some of our recent successes include:
- CleanStart has continued to grow since restarting in 2016. From holding seven educational and networking events in 2017 , fifteen in 2018, to over twenty in 2019. Connecting with over 1000 stakeholders face to face.
- Monthly Cleantech Meetups with an average of 60 attendees
- Regular Virtual Web Meetings attracting 30 or more attendees to discuss the advancement of clean tech and opportunities in the region.
- Businesses Skills roundtables and Expert Panels, where startups get one on one time with business professionals and clean tech consultants, like the Future of the Utility
- Regular Investor Spotlight events where investors attend companies’ pitches
- Regional Accelerator the CEO Crash Course with 5 Alumni who have reviewed funding
- Central Valley Clean Tech Showcase 2019
- Sponsoring Prizes in Regional Events such as the Big Bang at UC Davis and the College of Engineering and Computer Sciences Pitch Event
Please fill out the form and one of our team members will get back to you.
Sacramento, CA 95814