Every year there are about two dozen new clean tech startups in the region, hoping to see their products contribute to global sustainability. That doesn’t happen all by itself. Someone needs to be a catalyst. That’s us.
We hope you appreciate all that we do as a catalyst to support the development of the clean tech sector in our region. Many have said that we are having a positive impact in helping clean tech get to market and that really is good to hear. If you support what we do, help us build the region as a clean tech hub.
Join our final Meetup of the year where we discuss storage and how batteries are developing in the energy revolution.
Garrett Woodroof, Villara Energy System
The industry’s first Lithium Titanate battery.
Mark Roest, Director of Marketing & International Development at Sustainable Energy Inc.
Developing a fireproof, nontoxic, ceramic semiconductor battery with no lithium, cobalt or rare earth materials.
Additional presenters to be announced
- Ascent Analytics: An app to cut cost and speed the process of permitting and installing rooftop solar
- EV Life: an app to make the paperwork process on buying an EV easier and simpler, linked to a lending source to get the cash for incentive payments immediately rather than months later
- Hexas Biomass: plant based raw materials for a variety of energy, chemicals, packaging, textiles, composites, and structural products
- Lemna: better management of water use and waste products in dairies
Empowering entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections critical to creating successful new clean tech companies.
Each month CleanStart releases new information on clean tech companies, entrepreneur activities, and happenings in sustainability tech advancement. Make sure you don't miss out!
Latest News & Blogs
Janine Elliott was our guest on October 12 for a Perspectives podcast, explaining her new role. She comes to us from 6 years at VentureWell in Amherst, MA, one of the best- funded and most complete tech incubators, and from the Los Angeles CleanTech Incubator, which...
Both California and New York have declared they want people to buy only EVs starting in 2035 and more states are considering joining the push. But that leaves the existing 276 million gasoline and diesel vehicles still on the road in the US (31 million in California)...
SMUD voted to approve their 2030 plan. Make sure you read the Full Plan and Connect with SMUD. Here is the full board meeting Presentation ABOUT THE AUTHOR Thomas is the Executive Director of CleanStart. Thomas has a strong background in supporting small businesses,...
CleanStart was founded in 2005 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization designed to accelerate the development of clean technology ventures within the Northern California region. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections that are critical to creating a successful new business. We do this by:
CONNECTING the Northern California region’s clean tech community through CleanTech Meetups.
PROMOTING the region’s clean tech economy in the annual CleanStart Progress Report, on social media & news outlets and at statewide and national events.
EDUCATING Clean tech business leaders through classes, professional resources, expert panels and the CEO Crash Course.
There is always a lot going on. If you want to connect with CleanStart, join us at these events!
CleanStart Accomplishments & Updates
CleanStart has been busy working to build the clean tech hub in the Sacramento region. We have been supporting local growth through education, networking, and promotion. Some of our recent successes include:
- CleanStart has continued to grow since restarting in 2016. From holding seven educational and networking events in 2017 , fifteen in 2018, to over twenty in 2019. Connecting with over 1000 stakeholders face to face.
- Monthly Cleantech Meetups with an average of 60 attendees
- Regular Virtual Web Meetings attracting 30 or more attendees to discuss the advancement of clean tech and opportunities in the region.
- Businesses Skills roundtables and Expert Panels, where startups get one on one time with business professionals and clean tech consultants, like the Future of the Utility
- Regular Investor Spotlight events where investors attend companies’ pitches
- Regional Accelerator the CEO Crash Course with 5 Alumni who have reviewed funding
- Central Valley Clean Tech Showcase 2019
- Sponsoring Prizes in Regional Events such as the Big Bang at UC Davis and the College of Engineering and Computer Sciences Pitch Event
Please fill out the form and one of our team members will get back to you.
Sacramento, CA 95814