Every week CleanStart virtually hosts a stakeholder from the community to talk about what they are doing in entrepreneurship and cleantech. Make sure you put them on your calender and catch up on the videos. Register for our next one with Thomas Paddon of CALSTART and learn about how they are accelerating the clean technology transportation sector.
Last Year Pacific Fleet Charging Completed CleanStart and BlueTech Valley's CEO Crash Course. This year they took home UC Davis's Big Bang Competition Energy Prize of $10,000 sponsored by SMUD! Check out their video and sign up for our CleanStart Todo with them.
Empowering entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections critical to creating successful new clean tech companies.
Each month CleanStart releases new information on clean tech companies, entrepreneur activities, and happenings in sustainability tech advancement. Make sure you don't miss out!
Latest News & Blogs
There was a time when the “impossible” target for battery costs was $300/kWh. At the time the going price was $1,000+/kWh. Now battery systems in large volumes for long-duration storage are being quoted at $150-180/kWh. Elon Musk says he will soon crack $100/kWh...
The CCA in Yolo County has just put out a solicitation for standalone renewable generation projects or combined with storage in the 2 to 25 MW range, operable by the end of 2023. The projects would need to be in Yolo or the adjoining six counties. This could be a...
SCE has signed seven contracts for 770 MW of battery energy storage projects, pending CPUC approval. The largest contracts were three signed with NextEra for 460 MW. Commercial online dates are expected to be 8/1/2021. All the projects are in relatively remote...
CleanStart was founded in 2005 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization designed to accelerate the development of clean technology ventures within the Northern California region. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections that are critical to creating a successful new business. We do this by:
CONNECTING the Northern California region’s clean tech community through CleanTech Meetups.
PROMOTING the region’s clean tech economy in the annual CleanStart Progress Report, on social media & news outlets and at statewide and national events.
EDUCATING Clean Tech business leaders through classes, professional rescources, expert pannels and the CEO Crash Course.
CleanStart Accomplishments & Updates
CleanStart has been busy working to build the clean tech hub in the Sacramento region. We have been supporting local growth through education, networking, and promotion. Some of our recent successes include:
- CleanStart has continued to grow since restarting in 2016. From holding seven educational and networking events in 2017 , fifteen in 2018, to over twenty in 2019. Connecting with over 1000 stakeholders face to face.
- Monthly Cleantech Meetups with an average of 60 attendees,
- Twice Weekly “Todos” with an average of 20 attendees
- Businesses Skills roundtables and Expert Panels, where startups get one on one time with business professionals and clean tech consultants, like the Future of the Utility
- The 2019 Progress Report was completed, showing 85 companies in the core clean tech sector is generating $3.1 billion in revenue and 5,065 jobs
- Regional Accelerator the CEO Crash Course
- Central Valley Clean Tech Showcase 2019
- Sponsoring Prizes in Regional Events such as the Big Bang at UC Davis
Please fill out the form and one of our team members will get back to you.
Sacramento, CA 95814