CleanStart Supporters talk about why they love our Cleantech Meetups. Don't miss out on the monthly gathering showcasing the near future of Cleantech in the region with presentations about products and technologies from companies and stakeholders.
Each month CleanStart releases new information on clean tech companies, entrepreneur activities, and happenings in sustainability tech advancement. Make sure you don't miss out!
Empowering entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections critical to creating successful new clean tech companies.
Latest News & Blogs
With 2019 over I wanted to highlight some of what CleanStart did to further Sacramento as a clean tech hub. This past year was exciting for the clean tech community in the greater Sacramento area. At CleanStart we were excited because we have been able to provide...
At the Begining of 2019, we made ten fearless predictions here for the coming year. Now it is the end of the year and it is time to revisit them to see how we did. If you have some insights or questions, let us know at Info@cleanstart.org and we will include those...
A team in Ottawa recently had some success in using micro-pulsing to recharge Li-ion batteries much faster, like a full EV recharge in 5 minutes. See this article. That’s a big deal. But it switches the problem from “how fast can a battery accept a charge” to “how...
CleanStart was founded in 2005 as a nonprofit organization designed to accelerate the development of clean technology ventures within the Northern California region. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections that are critical to creating a successful new business. We do this by:
CONNECTING the Northern California region’s clean tech community through CleanTech Meetups.
PROMOTING the region’s clean tech economy in the annual CleanStart Progress Report, on social media & news outlets and at statewide and national events.
EDUCATING Clean Tech business leaders through classes, professional rescources, expert pannels and the CEO Crash Course.
CleanStart Accomplishments & Updates
CleanStart has been busy working to build the clean tech hub in the Sacramento region. We have been supporting local growth through education, networking, and promotion. Some of our recent successes include:
- CleanStart has continued to grow since restarting in 2016. From holding seven educational and networking events in 2017 , fifteen in 2018, to over twenty in 2019. Connecting with over 1000 stakeholders face to face.
- Monthly Cleantech Meetups with an average of 50 attendees
- Businesses Skills roundtables and Expert Panels, where startups get one on one time with business professionals and clean tech consultants, like the Future of the Utility
- The 2019 Progress Report was completed, showing 85 companies in the core clean tech sector is generating $3.1 billion in revenue and 5,065 jobs
- Regional Accelerator the CEO Crash Course, returning summer of 2020
- Central Valley Clean Tech Showcase 2019
- Sponsoring Prizes in Regional Events such as the Big Bang at UC Davis
Please fill out the form and one of our team members will get back to you.
Sacramento, CA 95814