Empowering entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections critical to creating successful new clean tech companies.
Each month CleanStart releases new information on clean tech companies, entrepreneur activities, and happenings in sustainability tech advancement. Make sure you don't miss out!
Latest News & Blogs
Last week there were two important pitch contests for cleantech companies and three of our local ones competed. On October 22, judging was done for CalSEED prototype grants of $450,000. Empow Lighting (a clever LED replacement panel for fluorescents in existing...
I recently had the pleasure to go to an event hosted by our partners at Fresno State’s Wet Center and BlueTech Valley. The Central Valley Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (CVIEF) an event that people need to check out. In it’s fourth year this was a hidden gem,...
Thursday Oct. 24, we had a full house at Hacker Lab to hear three very interesting talks on building energy management in the real world vs. what we think is going on. Kristin Heinemeier of Frontier Energy hit us with the reality that few of the fancy energy-saving...
CleanStart was founded in 2005 as a nonprofit organization designed to accelerate the development of clean technology ventures within the Northern California region. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections that are critical to creating a successful new business. We do this by:
CONNECTING the Northern California region’s clean tech community through CleanStart PowerUP! networking events.
PROMOTING the region’s clean tech economy in the annual CleanStart Progress Report, on social media & news outlets and at statewide and national events.
EDUCATING Clean Tech business leaders through classes and the Entrepreneurs Showcase sponsored by Velocity Venture Capital.
CleanStart Accomplishments & Updates
CleanStart has been busy working to build the clean tech hub in the Sacramento region. We have been supporting local growth through education, networking, and promotion. Some of our recent successes include:
- CleanStart has continued to grow since restarting in 2016. From holding seven educational and networking events in 2017 , fifteen in 2018, to over twenty in 2019.
- Monthly Cleantech Meetups with an average of 50 attendees
- Businesses Skills roundtables, where startups get one on one time with business professionals and clean tech consultants.
- The 2019 Progress Report was completed, showing 85 companies in the core clean tech sector is generating $3.1 billion in revenue and 5,065 jobs
- Future of the Utility Roundtables
- Upcoming Central Valley Clean Tech Showcase
Please fill out the form and one of our team members will get back to you.
Sacramento, CA 95814