Empowering entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections critical to creating successful new clean tech companies.
Each month CleanStart releases new information on clean tech companies, entrepreneur activities, and happenings in sustainability tech advancement. Make sure you don't miss out!
Latest News & Blogs
CleanStart just had a great class aptly titled: “Keeping it Clean: Legal & Financial Essentials for Tech Startups”. With speakers from Weintraub Tobin and EY. It was a great opportunity that companies were able to take advantage of to get some of their questions...
By Jeff Bennett of Startup Sac. Blog on StartupSac. Ryan Barr is the co-founder and COO of RePurpose Energy, a Sacramento area cleantech startup that reuses electric vehicle batteries to store solar energy. Ryan started his career as a management consultant for...
A big crowd gathered at CleanStart’s new home, Hacker Lab at 2533 R Street, to hear three speakers on what might have seemed an unusual topic for us. Jose Bodipo-Memba from SMUD, Eugene Lee from the CEC, and Mariah Lichtenstern from DiverseCity Ventures spoke about...
CleanStart was founded in 2005 as a nonprofit organization designed to accelerate the development of clean technology ventures within the Northern California region. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections that are critical to creating a successful new business. We do this by:
CONNECTING the Northern California region’s clean tech community through CleanStart PowerUP! networking events.
PROMOTING the region’s clean tech economy in the annual CleanStart Progress Report, on social media & news outlets and at statewide and national events.
EDUCATING Clean Tech business leaders through classes and the Entrepreneurs Showcase sponsored by Velocity Venture Capital.
CleanStart Accomplishments & Updates
CleanStart has been busy working to build the clean tech hub in the Sacramento region. We have been supporting local growth through education, networking, and promotion. Some of our recent successes include:
- CleanStart has continued to grow since restarting in 2016. From holding seven educational and networking events in 2017 , fifteen in 2018, to over twenty in 2019.
- Monthly Cleantech Meetups with an average of 50 attendees
- Businesses Skills roundtables, where startups get one on one time with business professionals and clean tech consultants.
- The 2019 Progress Report was completed, showing 85 companies in the core clean tech sector is generating $3.1 billion in revenue and 5,065 jobs
- Future of the Utility Roundtables
- Upcoming Central Valley Clean Tech Showcase
Please fill out the form and one of our team members will get back to you.
Sacramento, CA 95814