Our upcomming meetup we will be discussing alternative fuels. We will be learning how fuels, like hydrogen, can help us on our energy traansition. Our guest include Roxana Bekemohammadi, Executive Director at Western States Hydrogen Alliance and Jennifer Hamilton of the California Fuel Cell Partnership.
Empowering entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections critical to creating successful new clean tech companies.
At our recent perspectives, we talked with Daniel Mazzone, an energy and environmental economist and UC Davis PhD candidate. Check out this discussion about the low carbon fuel standard and his work on the three standing policies in California, Oregon, and British Columbia.
Each month CleanStart releases new information on clean tech companies, entrepreneur activities, and happenings in sustainability tech advancement. Make sure you don't miss out!
Latest News & Blogs
Janine Elliott was our guest on October 12 for a Perspectives podcast, explaining her new role. She comes to us from 6 years at VentureWell in Amherst, MA, one of the best- funded and most complete tech incubators, and from the Los Angeles CleanTech Incubator, which...
Both California and New York have declared they want people to buy only EVs starting in 2035 and more states are considering joining the push. But that leaves the existing 276 million gasoline and diesel vehicles still on the road in the US (31 million in California)...
SMUD voted to approve their 2030 plan. Make sure you read the Full Plan and Connect with SMUD. Here is the full board meeting Presentation ABOUT THE AUTHOR Thomas is the Executive Director of CleanStart. Thomas has a strong background in supporting small businesses,...
CleanStart was founded in 2005 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization designed to accelerate the development of clean technology ventures within the Northern California region. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections that are critical to creating a successful new business. We do this by:
CONNECTING the Northern California region’s clean tech community through CleanTech Meetups.
PROMOTING the region’s clean tech economy in the annual CleanStart Progress Report, on social media & news outlets and at statewide and national events.
EDUCATING Clean tech business leaders through classes, professional resources, expert panels and the CEO Crash Course.
There is always a lot going on. If you want to connect with CleanStart, join us at these events!
CleanStart Accomplishments & Updates
CleanStart has been busy working to build the clean tech hub in the Sacramento region. We have been supporting local growth through education, networking, and promotion. Some of our recent successes include:
- CleanStart has continued to grow since restarting in 2016. From holding seven educational and networking events in 2017 , fifteen in 2018, to over twenty in 2019. Connecting with over 1000 stakeholders face to face.
- Monthly Cleantech Meetups with an average of 60 attendees
- Regular Virtual Web Meetings attracting 30 or more attendees to discuss the advancement of clean tech and opportunities in the region.
- Businesses Skills roundtables and Expert Panels, where startups get one on one time with business professionals and clean tech consultants, like the Future of the Utility
- The 2019 Progress Report was completed, showing 85 companies in the core clean tech sector is generating $3.1 billion in revenue and 5,065 jobs
- Regular Investor Spotlight events where investors attend companies’ pitches
- Regional Accelerator the CEO Crash Course with 5 Alumni who have reviewed funding
- Central Valley Clean Tech Showcase 2019
- Sponsoring Prizes in Regional Events such as the Big Bang at UC Davis and the College of Engineering and Computer Sciences Pitch Event
Please fill out the form and one of our team members will get back to you.
Sacramento, CA 95814