This Cleantech Meeetup, we celebrate "Electric Nights" with a focus on two-wheeled electric vehicles -- bicycles, motorcycles, and stand-up cruisers.
Rumble Motors - "When the past met the future it created a special bike that we now call Rumble, each bike is hand-built to perfection. Quality is everything."
Glide Cruisers - "Glide is a design & manufacturing company producing a unique line of electric-drive stand-up cycles."
Marrs Cycles - "Marrs aims to build an elite line of electric bicycles that enable riders to take advantage of unique motorcycle-inspired riding experience in places where bicycles, and not motorcycles, are allowed."
Each month CleanStart releases new information on clean tech companies, entrepreneur activities, and happenings in sustainability tech advancement. Make sure you don't miss out!
Every week CleanStart virtually hosts a stakeholder from the community to talk about what they are doing in entrepreneurship and cleantech. Join us this Friday with GRID Alternatives.
Empowering entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections critical to creating successful new clean tech companies.
Latest News & Blogs
Our second CEO Crash Course for clean tech entrepreneurs finished the last of eight sessions on June 29. Congratulations to all 16 who made it through. They join the 8 alumni from the course last year. The Course covered a broad range of topics from Customer...
Have you ever noticed the cool electric bike on WestWorld? Season 3 Episode 1 They are the product of Rumble Motors. Originally they are from Sweden but are now making a move to set up manufacturing in Sacramento. More than half of their customers are here in the US....
Cooling, ventilation, and lighting in hot buildings make up the largest expenses for the businesses in them. The main culprit is windows. People love them and the natural light they provide, but why, in spite of the many different brands of window shades and...
CleanStart was founded in 2005 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization designed to accelerate the development of clean technology ventures within the Northern California region. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the knowledge, capital, and connections that are critical to creating a successful new business. We do this by:
CONNECTING the Northern California region’s clean tech community through CleanTech Meetups.
PROMOTING the region’s clean tech economy in the annual CleanStart Progress Report, on social media & news outlets and at statewide and national events.
EDUCATING Clean tech business leaders through classes, professional rescources, expert pannels and the CEO Crash Course.
CleanStart Accomplishments & Updates
CleanStart has been busy working to build the clean tech hub in the Sacramento region. We have been supporting local growth through education, networking, and promotion. Some of our recent successes include:
- CleanStart has continued to grow since restarting in 2016. From holding seven educational and networking events in 2017 , fifteen in 2018, to over twenty in 2019. Connecting with over 1000 stakeholders face to face.
- Monthly Cleantech Meetups with an average of 60 attendees,
- Twice Weekly “Todos” with an average of 20 attendees
- Businesses Skills roundtables and Expert Panels, where startups get one on one time with business professionals and clean tech consultants, like the Future of the Utility
- The 2019 Progress Report was completed, showing 85 companies in the core clean tech sector is generating $3.1 billion in revenue and 5,065 jobs
- Regional Accelerator the CEO Crash Course
- Central Valley Clean Tech Showcase 2019
- Sponsoring Prizes in Regional Events such as the Big Bang at UC Davis
Please fill out the form and one of our team members will get back to you.
Sacramento, CA 95814